Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Pages

Friday, July 22, 2011

Just for Once...Can I Buy It Instead of Making It!

I purchased this colorful, foam set of "Ten Frame Numeration Board" from EAI.  (click to see details about this manipulative)

Some times I just get tired of making student math materials! 
After our linky party about Debbie Diller's "Math Stations", I realized how important it is for students to use materials like 10 frames to develop number sense within the context of ten.  My 5-year old granddaughter and I are having a blast working with them this summer. We are working on adding doubles like 2 + 2 = 4 . Today she noticed that all the answers have a "partner" (even number).

When used in a classroom the magnetic backing will be useful to model to the whole class or a guided math small group.

When I ordered the materials online, I shouted, "Hallelujah, that's done!" My husband asked me what I was doing and  I explained how useful my purchase would be, and how much time I would save. He said that was a great idea since I would be painting 22 shutter "partners" to save $450 that the painters wanted to charge.  So instead of making math materials I am now painting 44 shutters ..... 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...