Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Pages

Friday, August 10, 2012

Adapting Base Ten Blocks



I've always loved manipulatives as I call them "Thinking Tools" when I use them with students. With a little effort you can make those base ten blocks make so much more sense to students.
I create these packets for the teachers to use with their students at one of my school that I work with:


Since many of you have these base ten block in your classroom, I thought I would share my idea with you.

Deborah Devine

2 comments :

  1. This is a genius idea! I never thought about it - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad I found your site- I just found out this past week that I will be teaching a split 1/2 class. We currently use Saxon math (which I don't care for much) and I'm trying to figure out how to teach 2 lessons a day. Do you only blog about math or would you have some suggestions for ELA, too? I would LOVE to hear any advice you would be willing to share!

    Erin
    First with Franklin

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...