Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Pages

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Gosh, I Like that 0-99's Chart!


Last night I started thinking about all the time I spent working with that 100's chart... and I now really  like the 0-99 chart better.  As I researched the 0-99's chart on the web, I came across a post by Jessica Boschen on her blog, What I Have Learned, that featured this idea:

She made the chart make even more sense!!!!!  Look how this 3D Chart illustrates the continuation of the pattern. 

She also made the 0-99's chart forward and backward in 2 different sizes that you can download for free from her blog
http://whatihavelearnedtoo.blogspot.com/2012/10/0-99-chart-freebie.html?showComment=1377762464844#c5607150949739340301


Then I started thinking of making the chart up in two colors to designate even and odd numbers...

That lead me to start thinking about
Maybe this is even better.... because it features the chart extending to 100.... all the way to 109.
This would be a great differentiation tool for that child that is ready for the next step.

By the way, have you seen this trick of using 2 congruent plastic cups and labeling each from 0 - 9?
This is a great manipulative to assist students in seeing that repeating pattern too.

Lastly, I need to stop thinking about numbers and go back to bed as it is 2:40 am  :) Good night.

Deborah

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...